Tuesday 28 January 2014

Too Cool for School Chair Bag


My little guy starts big school next week and he needed a chair cover. Big school is a big deal and I really wanted him to be able to find his chair easily so my twist on the school chair cover was to applique his name on the back.

This project is super easy. I was provided instructions from the school on how to make the actual cover. You will need to apply the letters before you sew the main body of the cover up.

There are lots of free letter templates available online. Download your chosen font and cut our your paper template. Using chalk trace your letters onto your materials. I found this great map of the world fabric and some super hero flannel which I cut out the POW from. 

Cut out your letters using pinking shears, pin them on and use a straight stitch on your machine to sew them on. Voila! Your child's very own too cool for school chair cover.  


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment