Monday 10 February 2014

Super Styling Office Chair Revamp


It was back to work for me and the first week of school for my son Will. I decided we would get motivated for work and homework with these fabulous revamped office chairs. This is a pretty easy DIY with great results!

I got the adult chair from a thrift store for $3.50 and the child's chair free from a friend. The fabric's I have used are Marimekko "Pieni Unikko 2" (http://txtlart.com) in Seafoam and on Will's seat Cath Kidston "London Scene Cotton Duck".


Start by disassembling your chair. Each chair will be different but they all should unscrew quite easily. I used a knife, screwdriver and pliers to pull out all the old staples and take off the old fabric. You will also need to remove the rubber edging if your chair has any. 

Once you have removed the seat and backrests use the old fabric as a pattern to cut your new fabric. I always add about another centimetre just in case. Once you have your fabric cut lay is right side down and put your seat pad on top. I use an aerosol fabric glue to help keep my fabric in place. Just spray some on the fabric before placing the cushion.

Using a staple gun start attaching the fabric. Start by putting a couple of staples  in the middle of one side. On the opposite side, pull the fabric until it is firm then staple add a couple more staples. Then do the other side in the same way.


This is how I do my corners to ensure a nice flat finish on the front. Make small folds in the fabric and keep stapling. Reattach the black plastic edging with your staple gun. Spray your chairs with some Scotch Guard and you are done!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment